New Korean Shopping Center Forming in Carrollton
A new Korean shopping center is forming in Carrollton at the intersection of Sam Rayburn Tollway(SH121) and Hebron Parkway.
The shopping center, called Lotte Plaza, will be built by YSD LLC.
Groundbreaking ceremony was held last Tuesday, July 24th. Construction is expected to last about a year, with the grand opening date targeted for August 1st, 2019.
Carrollton city council members, YSD LLC officials, and notable figures from in and out of the DFW Korean-American community attended the ceremony.
Thomas Yoo, CEO of YSD LLC, delivered the welcoming speech.
“It is undeniable fact that the DFW Korean-American community has achieved incredible feats in the past 50 years through diligence and hard work” said Yoo.
“The soon-to-be-built Lotte Plaza will be born a state-of-the-art building that is both comfortable and elegant. As such, I begin the construction of this project with the wish that the Lotte Plaza will not only represent the place that Korean-Americans have in the DFW Metroplex but will also be an attraction that will be source of pride for all immigrants” Yoo emphasize.
With the Carrollton H Mart Center close by, some level of competition is inevitable for Lotte Plaza and Lotte Mart.
One Lotte Mart official expressed his confidence that Lotte Mart can win over customers through low prices and wide range of selections.
According to Lotte Mart officials, the size of the market will be about two thirds of the Carrollton H Mart.
Following are some of the highlights of the Lotte Plaza, according to YSD’s press release.
For leasing information, contact Myungho Lee at 817-789-7780 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Location: 4060 SH 121 Carrollton, TX 75010
• Land size: 7.048 acre
• Building 1: 54,920 square feet, anchored by Korean supermarket Lotte Mart
• Building 2: 9,690 square feet, potential tenants include Korean bakery, cellphone store, restaurants.
• Building 3: 19,812 square feet, potential tenants include office, Karaoke bar, dental clinic, indoor golf, large scale restaurant.
• Building 4: 18,410 square feet, optional tenants include café, flower shop, hair shop, skincare shop, large scale restaurant.
• Total number of potential tenants is expected to be somewhere around 35~40, including the stores inside the Lotte Mart.
• According to YSD, about 70% of the space is already leased.